VP of Security - New York - #660

From: Lori Sabat (loriat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 06:51:12 PDT

    Title: VP of Security
    Our job reference #660
    Location: New York, NY
    Salary: $200k +

    Our client, a global leader in its field, would
    like to find a VP for its Remote Computing/Email
    Security group.

    The position requires the individual to work with
    the email engineering team to define a secure
    access solution to email encompassing: 1) using
    the Notes client, via browser; 2) IMAP, INotes
    from a DB laptop or DB desktop; 3) home pc,
    wireless device, other 'non-corporate environment'
    devices; 4) internet café/kiosk, etc.

    The environment requires SSL/TLS experience in an
    email environment, preferably Lotus Notes but also
    MS Exchange.  S/MIME and X.509 experience would be
    helpful.  Experience in browser based email
    solutions.

    Further, the position responsibilities include
    securing the remote computing environment and
    requires a working knowledge of Unix/Wintel
    environments including Solaris, and all flavors of
    Windows Operating systems; and a detailed
    knowledge of remote access tools and standards,
    specifically: Radius, RSA/Ace Server and other
    audit reporting tools as they relate to remote
    computing.

    Working knowledge of networks, how they work
    including routing protocols, access control lists
    and a general knowledge of network design.
    Ability to use all of the above to help craft and
    affect an effective security policy and practice
    for remote/mobile computing.
    *******************************
    ALTA ASSOCIATES, INC. is the number one recruiting
    firm specializing in Information Security.  Our
    diverse client base and extensive industry
    contacts have produced hundreds of placements in:
    Security Architecture, Cryptography, Electronic
    Commerce, Security Engineering and Wireless
    Application Protocol Technology.  If you consider
    yourself an expert in any area of computer
    security, contact us for an evaluation of your
    credentials and career options.  If you're hiring
    a security expert, utilize our ability to search a
    vast network of qualified executives.  Provide us
    with your specifications and we'll assist you in
    building a top notch security team.

    Information can also be obtained from the firm's
    internet website: www.altaassociates.com

    Contact: Lori S. Sabat, Principal
    Alta Associates, Inc.
    Phone: 908-806-8442