Admin/Security

From: Kirk Connaway (webmasterat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 13:36:26 PST

    Hi all,

    I was just laid off from my .com job here in Dallas so here is a shot at a
    new position. I am willing to relocate anywhere in the US. I am available
    immediately. I have been the single point of contact for all the
    security/administration needs for my clients and my last employers. The text
    of my resume' follows. Thanks for any help.

    Kirk Connaway A+ MCP
    817-975-2302
    kirk_connawayat_private

    Skills

    Networking – Administer Windows NT/2000 multi-domain networks. Install and
    configure servers, workstations, and network devices in a networked
    environment. Hands-on implementation of Cisco routers for Internet and WAN.
    Create and deploy Disaster Recovery plans. Manage relocation and
    reintegration of network resources.

    Security – Manage and implement security policy in HIPAA and manufacturing
    environments. Set and maintain internal security policies. Install and
    configure firewalls on Internet connections. Create and implement anti-virus
    program.

    Management – Manage small teams in a hazardous environment. Coordinate
    skills training for professional and non-skilled employees. Vendor
    negotiation.

    Personal – Interface between technical and non-technical staff. Public
    presentation of technical material and training. Direct support of
    non-technical employees on complex products. Documentation of security
    policy, HIPAA compliance, and Disaster Recovery.

    Experience
    Jan. 2001	XactiMed Inc.						    Dallas TX
    - Present	Systems Administrator
    Network administration of Windows 2000 Multi-Domain network. Administration
    of ISA, IIS, Exchange 2000, SQL 7, Proxy 2.0, WINS, DNS, DHCP, and Active
    Directory servers.  Administration of Cisco 1600 and 2600 series routers.
    Administration of Nortel Option 11. Managed Collocation of production
    servers increasing up time for our products. Implemented Disaster
    Recovery/Back-Up procedures using Veritas Back-Up Exec and off-site storage.
    Established virus protection for clients, servers, and internet connections
    using Trend Micro NeatSuite eliminating infections and associated cost.
    Implemented network          security procedures to comply with HIPAA
    proposed regulations. Manage Compaq Proliant Servers, Compaq Deskpro
    Workstations, Toshiba laptops, HP printer, 3Com and HP Procurve switches,
    and various clone hardware.

    May 1999	Hydrotex Inc.					        Carrollton TX
    - Jan. 2001	Systems Administrator
    Network Administration of Windows NT 4.0 multi-state network. Administration
    of IIS, Proxy 2.0, Exchange 5.5, SQL 7.0, WINS, DNS, DHCP, Primary and
    Secondary Domain Controllers. Administration of Oracle 8.0. Established
    security awareness and implemented          security policies.
    Administration of Cold Fusion Server and Cold Fusion Studio allowing the
    revamp of all web services. Implementation of complete communication system
    restructure involving new high-speed data services, voice services, and
    equipment saving thousands of dollars a month. Administration of Cisco 1600
    and 2600 series routers with VOIP contributing to a reduction in monthly
    telephone bills. Administration of Nortel Norstar. Organized headquarters
    relocation including move of equipment, site preparation, communication
    service move, teardown, and setup in new facility. Implemented Disaster
    Recovery/Back-Up procedures using Veritas Back-Up Exec and off-site storage.
    Established virus protection for clients, servers, and internet connections
    using Trend Micro NeatSuite eliminating infections and associated cost.
    Managed Compaq Proliant/Prolinea Servers, Compaq Deskpro Workstations,
    Compaq Armada laptops, IBM laptops, Minolta Multi-Function Copier, Mita
    Multi-Function Copier, Fiery, HP Printers, HP Procurve Switches, and various
    clone hardware.

    Jan 1998	ADP								    Dallas TX
    - May 1999	PC Support & ReportSmith Support
    Support of 3000+-client base on various operating systems, network
    architectures, and hardware. Telephone and on site support of payroll and
    complex human resources products. Installation and conversion of human
    resources software. Installation and training      of personnel on payroll
    and reporting products. Creation of complex reports for clients.  Database
    management of payroll and human resource products. Supervision of
    confidential material from clients.

    Consulting

    2000 -		Astro Products					      Fort Worth TX
    Present	Triad Design Services				      Fort Worth TX
    HRSI								    Dallas TX
    Vision Equity						    Dallas TX
    Various services as needed such as: network support, troubleshooting,
    network setup, telecommunication services, interfacing with vendors, tech
    support, security policy, and hardware requisition.

    Education

    July 1998	Southern Methodist University				   Dallas, TX
    Networking Technology

    May 1997	University of Texas Arlington			         Arlington TX
    Bachelor of Science Information Systems

    Certifications

    CTIA A+ Certification
    Networking Essentials
    Implementing and Supporting NT Server 4.0
    Implementing and Supporting NT Workstation 4.0
    Implementing and Supporting NT Server 4.0 in the Enterprise
    Fast Track to Cold Fusion