Seeking Network/Computer Security Position

From: secjobsat_private
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 15:08:41 PST

    I have 2 years of computer security experience
    I have over 7 years experience administrating Linux and other Unix machines
    I have over 4 years experience administrating Windows NT machines
    I have over 2 and 1/2 years of database/data modeling and data analysis
    experience
    I am a Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA

    For the last two years I have been specializing in network security. I am
    comfortable working with many of the security auditing tools like ISS,
    cybercop, nessus. I have been involved in evaluating IDS, Secure IDs and
    proxy servers. My responsibilities included researching and creating OS
    hardening scripts that were successfully deployed to over 400 Windows NT
    machines and prevented the machines from being affected by the Code red
    and other web based viruses. I was part of the security review team that
    analyzed all aspects of our production system including Cisco network
    devices and firewall configurations to confirm they meet our security
    requirements.

    I am experienced in using packet sniffing tools like sniffer basic,
    tcpdump and ethereal for monitoring and analyzing TCP/IP networks. I have
    developed and tuned a large Linux based out going email system that could
    handle millions of emails a day. I can configure NFS, DNS, Samba, Apache,
    sendmail, qmail and other Unix based software packages. I have
    administrated Microsoft Exchange and SQL servers.

    I am currently located in Washington D.C. USA, but willing to relocate. I
    am interested in any positions that fit my skill set.

    I look forward to hearing from you. I can be reached at
    monsterat_private or on 703 208 3315

    Thank you

    Ian Macdonald

    --