Internet Security Verification

From: Rob Needham (robat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 10:43:08 PST

    Internet Security Verification

    1 year Contract in Austin, TX
    Max rate around $33.32/hr (W2)

    The applicant would be designing, implementing and
    executing test cases to
    perform verification of products in the Tivoli Security
    portfolio.  The
    Tivoli
    Security portfolio includes Tivoli Policy Director,
    Policy Director for
    WebSeal, and Policy Director for MQ Series, Risk
    Manager and others.  The
    test
    cases are written in C, Perl, TCL and Korn Shell.
    Some are manual scripts.

    When problems are found by the test cases, the
    applicant will perform
    problem
    determination, document the problem and work with
    development to drive the
    problem to closure. The majority of our products run
    across multiple
    operating
    system and hardware platforms including AIX,
    Solaris, HP, NT and
    W95/W98/W2000.  We have a large lab (over 500
    machines) that we use to
    exercise/test these products like a customer would
    but with the advantage
    of
    being able to make mistakes without bringing down a
    production environment.

    Each product has a team consisting of 3-8 people
    assigned to test one or
    more
    of these products. In our environment, you'll get to
    play lab technician,
    system administrator, application developer, and end
    user all in the same
    day.
    Strong analytical, communication and intrapersonal
    along with a solid
    background in software engineering techniques are a
    must.

    In summary, we need people with any experience or
    interest in security
    products
    that have cross platform experience (Intel & Unix).
    We are looking for
    people
    that are self motivated, with leadership abilities, and
    they must work well

    with others in a team oriented environment.  This
    person must be willing to

    learn new products and have fun doing it.

    AIX(3)
    SUN Solaris(3)
    UNIX(3)
    Windows 95(3)