Vice President of Product Marketing - Austin, TX

From: Rob Needham (robat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 14:20:38 PST

    Vice President of Product Marketing

    We are looking for a highly experienced individual in
    the security industry to lead our product marketing
    team.
    "	Responsible for defining product
    requirements
    "	Responsible for writing whitepapers and
    MRD's
    "	Owns business development
    "	Owns market and competitive analysis
    "	Owns collateral for marketing
    communications
    "	Owns Customer Advisory Board

    Candidate should be comfortable in a fast moving
    startup environment where direction can change
    suddenly.  We are looking for someone with a strong
    technical background combined with the marketing
    skills to drive our product line.  We are looking for
    someone with:
    "	Experience in security products (e.g.,
    Firewalls, IDSs, Anti-virus, and Dos Protection).
    "	A solid understanding of the security
    market ecosystem
    "	The ability to interact with customers and
    present to a market audience
    "	Proven product marketing specific
    experience.
    "	Demonstrated success in bringing
    products to market from conception, to delivery, to
    profitability

    Requirements:
    "	Must have a thorough knowledge of
    networking security.  Candidates without a very solid
    knowledge of security with not be considered.
    "	4+ Years at VP or Director Level with 8-
    10+ Years Total in Product Marketing with
    Networking or Security Products
    "	Proven Leadership in Leading a team of
    Product Marketing Individuals
    "	Strong Business Development Experience
    "	Strong Market and Competitive Analysis
    Skills
    "	Very Strong Customer and Presentation
    Skills
    "	Must have proven experience in bringing 2+
    products to market from conception, to deliver, to
    profitability and be prepared to describe this in detail
    "	Must be able to provide examples of
    whitepapers
    "	Must be prepared to provide 3+
    Professional references backing up the skills listed
    above!
    "	Experience with carrier class networking,
    DSL, Cable and Metropolitan network markets is a
    Huge Plus!
    "	MBA degree is Plus!

    Salary:
    "	Commensurate with Experience