Internet and Unix/Linux geek looking for remote work

From: Rich Kulawiec (rskat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 08:09:37 PST

    Qualifications:
    	- Many years of experience with Unix and Linux systems, primarily
    	  Sun (Solaris), Red Hat Linux, Debian Linux, OpenBSD, and FreeBSD,
    	  also including HP-UX, AIX, TRU-64 Unix, Irix, and others.
    	- Excellent familiarity with DNS, SMTP, NTP, NIS, NNTP, HTTP, FTP
    	  and the servers which support them (e.g. BIND, sendmail, procmail,
    	  ProFTPD, qpopper, Apache, etc.)
    	- Solid programming skills in C, Perl, shell, and awk.  Learning
    	  programming skills in several other languages (e.g. PHP).
    	  Experienced with software development tools (e.g. make/imake,
    	  RCS, CVS, debuggers, etc.)
    	- Knowledge of routing, firewalls, instrusion detection, performance
    	  monitoring and tuning, backups/disaster recovery, security, proxy
    	  servers and integrity checking.  Familiar with tools such as
    	  tripwire, snort, nmap, tcpdump, etc.
    	- Web-literate; able to compose pages by hand in HTML and to write
    	  CGI-BIN programs.  Familiar with virtual hosting, Apache
    	  configuration and customization.
    	- Able to use existing tools in combination to rapidly construct
    	  prototype or production systems.  Familiar with hundreds of
    	  open-source tools.
    	- Able to rapidly learn new skills and assimilate knowledge into work.

    Requirements/Information:
    	- Due to a family member's illness which requires my care, I need
    	  to work remotely.  I have a small Unix/Linux network, copious
    	  reference materials, and access to multiple ISPs.
    	- I'm flexible about compensation and terms of compensation (e.g.
     	  1099, W-2).
    	- Full resume on request.
    	- I'm available immediately for full-time or part-time work.
    	- I'm located near Baltimore, Maryland.

    Contact: rskat_private