Student Network Admin Assistant

From: -KGB- (the-kgbat_private)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 15:30:28 PST

    I am seeking work experience with a firm in Sydney, Australia who is
    involved with computer networks, particularly in the field of network
    security...:-) I have a passion for network security and that is the
    direction that I want to end up going. I go to the University of
    Sydney studying Telecommunications Engineering combined with Commerce,
    however I only go to uni 24 hours a week, leaving me plenty of other time to
    attend a job, especially on weekends. As the University is based near the
    CBD it would be extremely convenient if the firm was located somewhere in
    this area, although I am very flexible. I would be more than happy to work
    at no charge for a few weeks on a trial basis, if there was a view to future
    permanent part-time employment. Any network security based role would be
    greatly appreciated.

    My skills are as follows:
    - set up a Windows 2000 network consisting of 3 domains and about 10 client
    computers
    - set up several SQL 2000 servers and connected clients
    - set up a IIS webserver hosting several different websites and using ASP
    pages to access the SQL server databases
    - Assessed a network to isolate the exact commands where ASP pages were
    taking significant amounts of time due to excessive and incorrect database
    retrieval calls using various network monitoring tools.
    - Set up a firewall and internet sharing gateway on several Windows versions
    (95, 98, 2000)
    - Am experienced with Linux, including setting up firewalls and dealing with
    proxy and DNS servers.
    - Connected Windows 95, 98, 2000 and Redhat 7.2 terminals to share files and
    an internet connection over the network.
    - Created a remote dial-in server enabling the user to access the internet
    and network files from home.
    - Have used many Linux network tools such as Ethereal and Nmap.
    - Am familiar with protocols such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP etc.
    - I am a extremely competent Java programmer and can also program in BASIC.
    - Am very familiar with most Microsoft products and their many "features"
    ;-)
    - I am involved in the University Computer Science Society writing and
    editing technical articles.
    - Have dealt with penetration attempts and virus infections.
    - Understand the technical aspects of many attacks, including buffer
    overflows and DoS attacks.

    If this sounds mildly interesting please contact me by email at
    the-kgbat_private
    I can provide several references if required.
    Thank you for your time,
    -Scott.