Network Security Intrusion Software Developer, Austin TX

From: Triageat_private
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 08:36:15 PDT

    Security Application Developer Years Exp 5 - 12 Position#
    01038532
    Location Austin, TX -- includes relocation for outstanding
    candidates
    Salary $76000 - $95000  depending on experience plus
    benefits
    OVERVIEW:  This individual will be the development group's
    network security expert and will assist in the development
    of next generation security-focused products, which feature
    detection and suppression of a broad range of threats with
    line-rate processing capability.
    JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
    o Actively participate in the development of product
    requirements, system architecture, and software design of
    security products.
    o Mentor other developers regarding security issues and
    participate in design, code, and test reviews.
    o Development lead responsibility for major software
    components, from initial design through product release.
    o Actively involved in the discovery, evaluation &
    mediation of new networking attacks
    JOB REQUIREMENTS:
    o MUST be fluent in networking protocols.
    o MUST have 5+ years developing security-focused products
    such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus
    suppression.
    o MUST have expert-level knowledge of UNIX and Windows
    security issues.
    o Must have strong leadership skills with the ability to
    mentor and communicate effectively with other team members.
    o Must be a highly motivated team player with strong
    interpersonal skills and able to direct the activities of a
    development group.
    o Eager to work on state-of-the-art technology in a start-
    up environment.
    OBJECTIVES:
    o Understanding of routing protocols such as BGP-4
    required.
    o Security Community affiliation is expected.
    o Knowledge of VPN, IPSec, Public Key, and Digital
    Certificates is required.
    o Candidate must have extensive experience working with
    intrusion detection systems such as SNORT and ISS's
    RealSecure.
    o Ideal candidate will also have experience managing a wide
    range of firewalls such as Cisco PIX and Checkpoint's VPN-
    1/FireWall-1.
     o Experience working with ISP's and/or Federal Government
    is a plus.
    EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
    o BSEE/CS or 5+ years direct industry experience
    SUMMARY: Need someone who as done actual hands-on software
    development in the Security Application space.
    Someone who has developed network security devices (ie):
    firewalls, IDS, etc.  This person will specifically design
    components dealing with security, intrusion, virus, etc.
    and mentor others about this specialty.
    Required Skills FIREWALL, INFO-SEC, INTRUSIV, NETWORK, VPN
    Required Industries NETWORKS, SECURITY
    Required Education BS in CS

    Applicants:  Please note, we can only respond to those
    candidates who meet ALL of our client's requirements above
    AND include their most recent / current compensation (base
    AND bonus), when forwarding their resume to Ann Boland at
    Triageat_private We are a retained executive search firm; we
    treat all information provided to us by our current /
    prospective clients and candidates as proprietary and
    confidential -- no information we receive will be shared
    without your explicit, prior agreement. For more
    information about our firm, please see our website,
    www.triage-search.com.