Security Engineer Opportunity

From: jobsat_private
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 14:36:57 PDT

    THE OPPORTUNITY (What makes this job so great?)

    We are building a world class security team. If you are an
    expert at network security and you have the ability and the
    desire, you will have the opportunity to build and put your
    stamp on a new security company. We offer a modest starting
    salary but compensation/title will increase as you prove
    yourself, even leading up to senior management positions –
    we reward success! We offer paid vacation, sick days, and
    medical/dental benefits.

    THE POSITION (What will you be doing?)
    You will provide expert security services to small and
    medium sized businesses, primarily in the Southern
    California region. You will co-ordinate projects with a
    team of employees and consultants, do presales calls, help
    with marketing materials, and in general help to run a
    start up security company

    QUALIFICATIONS (Are you a good fit?):
    We are looking for an experienced security engineer. You
    must have strong initiative and leadership skills.  Strong
    work ethic, responsibility and dedication are necessary.
    Have the ability to work independently, as well as work in
    a team environment.  Strong verbal and writing skills are
    required.  Enormous potential to rise to the top if you are
    the right candidate.

    You should be:
    ·Experienced with evaluating, designing and implementing
    real world security and network security policies in a
    corporate environment.
    ·Experienced in evaluating the vulnerabilities and security
    of existing network solutions, including routers, switches,
    hubs, servers, intrusion detection, network management
    systems, and related software, LANs, WANs, E-Commerce, VPNs
    and SSH.
    ·Able to design and implement VPN, SSH, RAS, and other
    network access solutions.
    ·Experienced in network vulnerabilities and penetration
    testing..
    ·Able to design networks, implement network designs, and
    develop network infrastructures.
    ·Experienced with Windows, Linux, Unix, SOLARIS, TCP/IP,
    and application security for messaging based architecture,
    firewalls, data security, databases.
    ·Have knowledge of enterprise security mechanisms and
    knowledge of federal security compliancy regulations and
    guidelines.
    ·Certifications in networking and security technology
    including any of the following: Cisco, Checkpoint,
    Microsoft, IBM, Sun, Citrix and Novell are an advantage.

    THE COMPANY (Who are we?)
    Grayhat Security is a computer and network security
    division, which focuses on providing real world security to
    our clients. We are dedicated to providing cost effective,
    rational security solutions and secure network services
    administration.  Services include vulnerability
    assessments, security policies and network implementations.
    Grayhat Security is a business unit of Philosopher’s Stone,
    a technology incubator based 2 blocks from the beach in
    southern California’s lovely South Bay community.