Job for a CISSP, Chartered Accountant, ISA, Grad CWA - 20 years experience... Taken CISA exam

From: Rakesh Sud (rsudat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 19:11:13 PDT

    I am a CISSP with a Grad CWA Qualification looking for a placement.
    Recently, this year, I have also become an ISA (Information Systems Auditor)
    with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. I am a qualified
    Chartered Accountant for 20 years. I have taken my CISA (Certified
    Information Systems Auditor) Exam this June.

    I have worked in AF Ferguson and Co, Reckitt & Colman of India Ltd etc and
    recently for past 3 years in Software/Internet Companies in both Finance and
    Operational roles.

    My total work experience (excluding articles of 3 years) is 20 years.

    I am open for a change and in this connection am attaching my CV for your
    ready reference to explore the possibility of working for you.

    I am presently based in Bangalore, India but am open for placement at any
    location. My contact nos are 9180 2241797/2241965 Mobile 9845041797.

    I look forward to hearing from you regarding any suitable opportunity.
    Please also advise me on any other suitable opportunities for me which you
    may be aware of.

    Thanks and Regards

    Rakesh Sud
    rsudat_private

    Curriculum Vitae

    Rakesh Sud

    6 C Sukhi Apartments,                           Date of Birth     13 Nov
    1959

    17 Rhenius Street,                                 Age                  42
    years

    Richmond Town,                                   Family Status    Married
    with 3 children

    Bangalore 560025,                               Telephone
    080-2241797, 080-2241965 (Residence)

    Karnataka, India.                                     E-mail
    rsudat_private

    Professional Memberships

    Institute of Chartered Accountants of India                 Associate Member
    ACA (1983)

    Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India        Graduate Member
    Grad CWA (1984)

    Institute of Chartered Accountant of India                   Information
    Systems Auditor                        ISA (2002)

    International Information Systems Security                  Certified
    Information Systems

                Certification Consortium (ISC2)
    Security Professional (CISSP)            CISSP(2002)

    Educational Qualifications

    B. A. Economics (Honours)                   St. Stephen's College
    First Division

    May 1979                                                 Delhi University

    Indian School Certificate                        St.Columbas High School
    First Division ( 6 points- 85.6%)

    November 1975                                     Delhi

    Employment Record

    Chief Financial Officer (CFO) : Nuntius Systems ( India)  Private Limited :
    Feb 2002- Till date
    In the software services space Nuntius Systems (India) Pvt Limited
    www.india.nuntius.com was previously known as Menon Information
    Technologies. Mr Satish Menon (based In USA) of the Kohlapur based Menon
    Group of Industries started it and achieved substantial profits in
    year-ended 31.3.2001. I am part of the top management team attempting to
    rejuvenate the Company and have joined the Board.  Negotiation of the
    take-over, management of the transition stage without any real authority,
    preparing business plans, raising of finance, restarting of sales activity
    which was stopped by previous management, dealing with creditors, management
    of staff, taking and implementing decisions on cost reduction and control
    are part of the work done with fair success.
    Shellya InterWeb: Jan 99 - Jan 2002

    I concentrated my energies on the IT Consultancy work taking up short term
    assignments, which involve providing line function roles in various
    Companies

    Virtual Dynamics Software Limited : November 2001- January 2002 Virtual
    Dynamics Software Limited www.vdsltd.com is an international software house
    located 15 km south of Bangalore on a landscaped ground with over 12,000 sq.
    ft. of work area. The persons who founded IBM in India and Digital
    Corporation established it in 1996. It provided an ideal environment for
    software activity based on creative thought. Technology initiatives include
    CRM, SCI, E-Com, GIS, Mobile Computing, Document Automation, SAP
    implementation IT Enabled Services etc. As a Consultant designated CFO
    though not on rolls, I was part of the top management team in the Company.
    Negotiation of bank loan, decision on and implementation of shutting down of
    unproductive facility, negotiation with legal adversaries and settlement of
    cases, dealing with creditors, identification of critical and unacceptable
    practices was part of the work done. Huge cost savings accrued to the
    Company by my actions.

    eQiosk India Private Limited : April 2001 - October 2001  eQiosk is the
    Indian subsidiary of a foreign held company and has its portal at
    www.intl.qmags.com. As Chief Operating Officer and as a member of the
    Company's senior management team, I worked closely with the CEO and members
    of the Board. My responsibilities encompassed among others, Operations,
    Information Security Systems, General administration, Finance, Accounting
    and audit, Taxation & legal and Systems and compliance.

    Tulsyan Technologies Limited: March 2000 - April 2001 As Chief Operating
    Officer of Tulsyan Technologies Limited, www.tulsyantechnologies.com part of
    the Rs 400 crore (US$90 million) Tulsyan Group I set up the web division
    from scratch. The web division had within a year developed an Art Portal
    www.artlogin.com and also done various assignments in helping organisations
    use the web to their advantage. Hosting of websites and conceptualisation
    and design of websites was also undertaken. Assignment was completed and I
    left a division that had stabilised and was poised for growth with a focus
    into basic software and end-to-end e business solutions.

    Pugmarks Interweb Pvt Ltd : Jan 1999 - June 2000 Shellya took on a Channel
    Partnership with Pugmarks InterWeb Pvt. Ltd., www.pugmarks.com  who provide
    Internet business solutions, which I managed. I was fully involved in this
    work and gained invaluable insight into the entire web experience and
    imperatives to create and sustain a profitable business strategy for the
    Internet with systems, which are developed, implemented, operated and
    maintained to meet needs of major stakeholders. This also included the
    Information Security issues.

    Shellya Group: Feb 89 - Dec 98

    After a stint in consulting and experience in a line accounting/commercial
    job in a multinational company, I ran the day-to-day operations of a
    professionally managed business in the Woven Sacks Industry in which my
    family had a minor stake. This provided an opportunity for hands-on
    management of a small organisation. I set up the financial, costing and
    management accounting systems and steered it through horizontal / vertical
    growth, using the available management talent. Enhancement of the available
    resources was achieved by arranging financial facilities of over Rs. 5
    crores with banks / financial institutions in form of term loan / working
    capital funds / hp / lease / ncd issue. Annual turnover of the group during
    my tenure grew from a Rs.1.1 crore to Rs.18.5 crore (US$4.2 million). During
    my tenure the family acquired a majority shareholding and control of the
    business. The business was unable to afford my expense/ drawings so I moved
    out fully from active management.

    Reckitt & Colman of India Limited: March 87  - Jan 89

    First accounting line job was in their Hosur Factory as their MCP
    (Multipurpose Chemical Plant) Accountant, for the new chemical plant
    inaugurated in Dec 86. When a colleague left I looked after entire Hosur
    operations as Accountant and then in April 88 was transferred to their
    Bangalore Bannerghatta unit as Factory Accountant. The job at Hosur included
    accounting, purchasing, administration, sales (including

    Export) and despatch management etc. The factory being newly started and set
    up mainly for import substitution, there was a necessity to set up and
    implement practical and workable systems within Reckitt's policies. This was
    a stage further than the work at Ferguson's since practical implementation
    as the line manager gives a new perspective and depth to implementation as
    part of a consulting effort. This line experience was invaluable and gave a
    solid foundation and depth to the knowledge and experiences gained in the
    earlier years spent in studying accountancy and later in consultancy. At the
    Bannerghatta unit the work involved accounting, purchasing for production,
    despatch planning and accounting and financial input for setting up a
    factory project at Mysore. This gave insights into real life project
    implementation with measurable targets to be achieved in a very tight time
    schedule under strict budgetary controls.

    A. F. Ferguson & Co, Management Consultancy Division: July 82 - Feb 87

    First employment after completing CA was as an Assistant Consultant at
    Madras (Chennai) office. Success in consulting line was recognised by a
    promotion and designation as a Consultant from Nov 84. For wider exposure
    and growth I took an opportunity to move to their Delhi Office in June 85.
    With Ferguson's a whole range of Consultancy assignments were done in
    accounting and costing systems, training courses, project monitoring,
    materials management, management information and control systems, financial
    management, budgeting, computerisation etc. Exposure was also gained in
    market surveys, design and implementation of marketing strategies and
    recruitment of candidates of varied backgrounds to fit job descriptions. The
    tenure in consulting helped hone written and verbal communication skills. It
    also taught how to do a varied range of tasks in limited time frames, face
    difficult and sometimes even hostile situations and get along with a diverse
    range of people of varied education and background, mostly much older and
    more experienced than me. Clients for whom assignments were done included
    N.E.I.Projects (India) Ltd, Hindustan Shipyard, Mettur Beardsell Ltd, Tamil
    Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation, Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board,
    several state electricity boards and numerous others in the private sector
    whose names have to remain confidential as per their request.

    Training as Articled Clerk in Chartered Accountancy Course: May 79 - May 82
    As part of the pre-requisite for taking the Chartered Accountancy exams I
    began my career after college doing Articles training at professional
    accounting firms, S.Krishnaswamy & Co and Fraser & Ross. This involved
    extensive experience of internal, statutory and Government Audit and
    taxation related work in all types of entities from
    partnerships/proprietorships to large units and covered companies like ITI,
    HAL, BHEL, MSIL, KFIDC, Garware Paints, United Breweries Group etc.

    Other Information
    Taken Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) exam in June 2002

    Taken Licentiate Insurance Exam in May 2002

    Certificate of Excellence by The Board of SSI Limited for completing
    training programme on Information Systems Audit (ISA) Course of Institute of
    Chartered Accountants of India ( ICAI)  at Bangalore in June 2001.

    Life member of Bangalore Insurance Institute and Insurance Institute of
    India, Mumbai

    Completed Agents training in Life Insurance for ICICI Prudential Life
    Insurance Co Limited and General Insurance for Bajaj Allianz General
    Insurance Co Limited & Life member of Loss Prevention Association of India

    Student member of the Actuarial Society of India, Mumbai & Student member of
    The Institute of Actuaries, London

    Member of Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA), USA

    Ex-Editor of Plastic Woven Sack News, monthly publication of woven sacks
    industry

    Ex-Committee Member of Association of Woven Sack manufacturers in India
    (AIFTMA)

    Academy of Accounting, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India awarded
    an "A" Grade in Dec'81 to Feb'82 in Madras.

    University of Delhi  (Scholarship Cell) offered a scholarship for
    postgraduate study in Sept 79.

    Recipient of Ministry of Education and Social Welfare " Certificate of
     Merit" in Nov 77.

    Received Junior Science Talent Scholarship and monetary award while at
    School.

    Member of Bangalore Club and Karnataka State Hockey Association (KSHA)

    Contributor to http://www.cccure.org/testmain.php - The Rakesh-Vezina Online
    Tests Area with a special test on HIPAA