WireX Immunix Adversary, DefCon Games

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 00:17:46 PDT

    WireX is recruiting for an "adversary": someone to perform penetration
    testing against Immunix and other related systems. The candidate will
    need to be familiar not only with how to run exploits against systems,
    but also how to modify and change exploits, e.g. to repair deliberate
    damange in exploits posted to bugtraq in crippled form, or to port an
    exploit from one target system to another. Obviously, programming skills
    will be necessary, especially C programming.

    This position is presently planned as a 6 month experiment. However,
    successfull execution may lead to the position becoming permanent. As a
    result, we will not be transporting people for interviews, or relocating
    candidates: candidates for this position must be located in the Portland
    Oregon area, or willing to get here.

    However, WireX also will be at DefCon <http://www.defcon.org/> this
    year. We will be playing an Immunix
    <http://www.wirex.com/logos/imx_penguin_small.gif> server in the CtF
    games <http://www.ghettohackers.net/ctf/>. We have an adequate team of
    defenders, but we would like to have more attackers on our team. Playing
    for our team would be a good way for us to get to know you. For that
    matter, playing for *any* team would give us exposure to your skills;
    just be sure to talk to me at the con, preferably earlier than later.

    To apply, either contact me in person at DefCon, or e-mail your
    application to jobsat_private Resumes should be in ASCII, HTML, PDF, or PS.

    WireX is an equal opportunity employer, & all that usual stuff.

    Thanks,
        Crispin

    --
    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.