INFOSEC Engineer/Digital Forensics Engineer - looking for position

From: Mickey Lasky (mickeyat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 11:09:16 PDT

    I am primarily an INFOSEC engineer and network security integrator. Of late, I have been branching off into digital forensics and investigation. With extensive experience in the ISP community, I am looking to move on to greener pastures where I can apply both my technical management and in-the-trenches skills.

    Not only can I talk the tech talk, but I can make it comprehensible for non-technical people, a rare gift in an engineer. Relocation to several areas is definitely an option.

    I am including a text version of my resume below, and a copy can be found on the web (along with a Word formatted version) at http://www.ita.org/me/resume.html I look forward to speaking with anyone with an opportunity.

    Mickey Lasky

    ------------------------- cut here ----------------------------------

    Mickey Lasky

    mickeyat_private

    Experience	WorldCom (UUNET) - Ashburn, VA  December 1993 - Present
    		Manager, Network Security Consulting, Business Services.
    * Responsible for managing the day to day operations of a staff of 6 in the Network Security Consulting division of WorldCom's Business Services group. In addition to the duties listed under Network Security Consultant, I am responsible for, but not limited to:
    o Staff scheduling
    o Budget planning and forecasting
    o Conflict resolution
    o Acting as an intermediary for my staff and senior management
    o Hiring and interviewing
    o Performance and compensation reviews
    o Maintaining an appropriate level of knowledge among the engineers
    o Technical escalations
    o Designing and tasking engineers with research projects
    o Check Point Certified Security Administrator vNG
    o Check Point Certified Security Engineer vNG
    o Check Point Certified Security Engineer plus Enterprise Integration and Troubleshooting
    o Certified Virtual University Enterprises (VUE) test administrator
    o Interfacing with vendors to explore possible product relationships
    o All duties of a Network Security Consultant
    * Hardware and software configuration for firewall and Intrusion Detection Systems installations. Knowledge of, but not limited to:
    o Check Point VPN-1/Firewall-1 NG
    o Nokia IP Series security appliances
    o Intrusion.com PDS security appliances
    o Intrusion.com SecureNet Pro IDS appliances
    o Snort
    o Nessus
    o Ethereal
    o tcpdump
    o The Coroner's Toolkit

    Network Security Consultant, Business Services
    * Responsible for providing consultative services to customers on matters including, but not limited to:
    o Network security design
    o Network security audits
    o Network routing design
    o Customer training
    * Hardware and software configuration for firewall and IDS installations. Knowledge of, but not limited to:
    o Windows NT
    o Solaris 2.6, 2.7, and 2.8
    o Red Hat Linux 7.1 and 7.2
    o Intel Pentium based systems
    o Sun Sparc Ultra 5, Ultra 10, and Ultra 80 (SunBlade) based systems
    o Check Point Firewall-1 3.0
    o Check Point Firewall-1 4.0
    o Axent Raptor 5.03
    o Axent Raptor 6.0
    * Check Point Certified Security Administrator - Certification Number: 0033961
    * Check Point Certified Security Engineer - Certification Number: 0010238
    * Check Point Certified Security Instructor
    * Responsible for teaching the CCSA/CCSE certification classes to other WorldCom departments and customers, both in the field and in the WorldCom training facility
    * Responsible for coordinating and organizing firewall training for customers
    * Maintain and update departmental procedures archive
    * Train customers on configuration and operation of both Checkpoint Firewall-1
    and Axent Raptor firewalls

    Lead Systems Engineer
    * Responsible for installing over 450 high speed leased line connections and Internet services to UUNET's network. Skills focusing on, but not limited to, ISDN, Frame Relay, 56k, T1, and DS3 type circuits
    * Configured hardware and software for Internet connections.
    Hardware knowledge of, but not limited to:
    o Cisco 2500 series routers
    o Cisco 7000 series routers
    o Ascend MAX, PL-50, PL-25, PL130, and LS-56 routers
    o Imatek router/DSU units
    o Cascade Frame Relay Switches
    o Kentrox brand CSUs
    o Larscom Access T45 IDSUs
    * Provided customer support for DNS, IP routing, BGP4 routing, Telco Line issues, and Internet services
    * Provided  backup support of other Systems Engineers as needed
    * Acted as a technical point of escalation for other engineers
    * Responsible for initial design of installation program and procedures for Internet9-5 ISDN and Analog product. Duties included:
    o Managing installation team
    o Interfacing with management
    o Designing and implementing installation procedures
    o Testing and evaluating hardware and software solutions for service
    o Documenting progress
    o Troubleshooting connections and documenting problems
    * Maintaining and updating departmental procedures archive

    Senior Technical Support Representative
    * Responsible for providing phone support for ISP customer base
    * Developed tools to aid other representatives to find information about customers and services
    * Acted as an escalation point for Junior Support Representatives
    * Specialized in dialup SLIP and PPP customers

    Home Team Sports, LTD - Bethesda, MD  December 1991 - July 1999
    Operations Technician I
    * Oversaw television operations in a Master Control environment
    * Participated in live and taped television broadcasts
    * Recorded and processed satellite downlinks for future broadcast use
    * Maintained and operated Library Management System (LMS)

    Education	The American University - Washington, DC  1990 - 1994
    		Bachelor of Arts Journalism
    		Concentration: Computer Science and Justice

    	Northern Virginia Community College  - Sterling, VA  2002 - Present
    	Administration of Justice

    Relevant Computer/Class Experience
    * Advanced Unix, The American University, Washington DC.
    * Computer Science I, The American University, Washington DC.
    * Introduction to Computer Information Systems, The American University, Washington DC.
    * Introduction to Management Information Systems, The American University, Washington DC.
    * Introduction to Computing, The American University, Washington DC.
    * Cascade Networking and UNIX, Cascade, Fairfax, VA.
    * Cisco Installation & Maintenance Course, Cisco, Fairfax, VA
    * Influence Skills Training, UUNET, an MCI/Worldcom Company, Fairfax, VA
    * Principles of Criminal Investigation, Northern Virginia Community College, Sterling, VA

    Extensive experience with Unix, NeXTStep, Internet services, HTML, Apache, Online services, PC Telecommunications, IP networking, Network hardware configuration, DNS, Telco debugging, System administration, Internet administration, Network security, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Systems integration, DOS applications, DOS systems, Windows 95/98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 3.x

    Familiar with Macintosh, Macintosh applications, PERL programming, WatchGuard Firebox security appliances, PHP, wireless networking, wireless ethernet