Security professional available in the Boston area

From: David Humphrey (aceat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 06:27:39 PDT

    I'm an IT security professional looking for a position in the Boston -
    RI area.  I  am skilled in providing overall corporate IT strategy and
    operational support from the security/risk perspective.  I have the
    experience of working in the financial, start-up and gov't industries,
    largely stateside, but also internationally, and it  is this background
    I use to develop perspective when weighing elegant security solutions
    with their operational and financial impact.

    I have worked in the consultant role in the past, and am well-versed in
    large  project management and roll-out, both as team lead and
    contributor.  I have consulted directly with several CTO's and am not
    shy about verbalizing technical  issues at this level.  Conversely, I
    built the Federal Reserve Bank's firewall complex largely by hand and am
    equally happy to dig right into the intricacies of  an architecture.

    I am well-versed in most areas of IT, but am immediately familiar on
    topics such  as:
     - Forensics and network packet analysis
     - Firewall administration, router filtering, and rulesets
     - Penetration testing
     - Performance tuning and load balancing configuration
     - Disaster planning / business continuity / fault-tolerant
    architectures
     - MSP service analysis for; performance, interoperability and cost
     - Linux system technical roll-out
     - IDS systems
     - Policies and Procedures
     - Network migration / merger planning
     - VPN's, meshes, and heterogeneous gateway configurations
     - Wireless LAN (security)

    Platforms; Sun, Cisco 5000 and 7000 series, i86 architecture, Nortel
    Contivity
    Software; Linux, Solaris, Snort, Tripwire, IPtables, OpenSSL, Legato,
    ZoneAlarm,  Windows, Checkpoint FW-1, Courier, IPSEC, Bind,
    DHCP/Jumpstart/Kickstart, Samba.

    I can be reached for references and a full version of my resume via the
    following  contact info:

    David Humphrey
    Long Wharf IT
    (781) 646-1843