Director of Quality Assurance, Bay Area

From: Jeffat_private
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 10:24:05 PDT

    Director of Quality Assurance

    Location: Bay Area

    Responsibilities
    We are currently looking for a Director of Quality Assurance to manage our
    QA team (10-15 people). This team is responsible for testing system level
    and web based applications for our Network Security solution with
    aggressive release cycles. The Director of QA will oversee all of QA,
    which includes low-level
    network testing as well as web application testing for our solution. You
    will manage the entire testing lifecycle including white and black box QA
    testing, system integration testing and performance/stress testing.
    Responsible for implementing QA policies and procedures. Responsible for
    implementing and maintaining workflow standards for system enhancements
    and bug fixes to ensure good quality practice.

    Qualifications
    This candidate should possess strong technical and managerial skills.
    Extensive knowledge of Quality Assurance and software testing
    methodologies. Extensive knowledge of Windows, NT and other O/S. Strong
    networking skills as well as development in C/C++ and familiarity with
    Perl and shell scripting in regard to automation. This candidate should
    have 7+ years of software quality assurance experience within a software
    development environment and 4+ years of managing software
    engineering/quality assurance teams at a director level. Should possess
    previous experience in creating test plans from spec documents. Extensive
    experience establishing best practices and setting up an infrastructure
    for testing enterprise applications in a multi-platform development
    environment.
    BA/BS in computer science or related discipline is
    preferred. Candidates coming out of a network security
    or network technology company will be given priority.

    Please contact--employmentat_private