Seeking security opportunities

From: Neil Bortnak (neilat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 10:15:48 PST

    Good Morning,

    I am presently interested in an IT Security position such as an
    engineer, manager, instructor or consultant. I have a diverse background
    that could be a significant asset to the right company. I am a friendly,
    team player who is known for getting difficult jobs done with creative,
    multi-disciplinary solutions. I would also be enthusiastic about any
    Linux positions that may be available. Please consider my experience:

          * 6 years IT Security
            Large audits, tool development, vulnerability research

          * 6 years Teaching/Speaking/Media
            University classes, conferences, national television

          * 7 years Linux
            Custom distributions, complex systems, kernel programming

          * 8 years Management
            Team leadership, product development, operated own business

          * 10 years in a number of diverse, complementary roles
            Programmer, IT architect, teacher, businessman, consultant
            Unix, security, networking, Novell (CNE), Microsoft (MCSE)

    I am currently looking for career opportunities in Japan, the United
    States and Canada in order of preference. I am also interested in
    Norway, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Singapore, and Australia, but
    am less certain of my visa status in those countries as a Canadian
    citizen. I am able to relocate on very short notice, speak English as a
    native, speak elementary Japanese and have had a great deal of exposure
    to other cultures as a world traveller. At this time I am looking for a
    role that requires less than 50% travel.

    I look forward to discussing this matter with you further. More
    information is available at http://www.bortnak.org. You can reach me
    anytime during the Japanese or American business day by calling
    (604)828-6345.

    Thank you for your consideration,

    Neil Bortnak

    Enclosure: Resume