Symantec in Redwood City - Open Jobs

From: mike_sienkowskiat_private
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 15:31:07 PST

    This role is located in Redwood City.  We can only consider candidates
    local to the Bay Area at this time.  This is a full-time position.  We are
    also unable to provide H1B sponsorhip.

    In a nutshell we have a need for a Sr. Software Engineer with solid system
    level development experience (Win/UNIX)as well as some experience in the
    security industry. (see the description below)

    As a note, we also have openings at this location for a Development
    Manager, an Architect, QA, QA/Team Lead, and a Sr. Product Manager with
    significant security experience.

    Duties:

    This is a senior-level professional software engineer position with
    responsibilities focusing on the design, development and maintenance of
    high-quality code for complex components in a given product with an
    overall business objective of producing high quality code according to a
    given product's functional specifications. Design, develop and maintain
    high-quality code for complex components in a given product, with a focus
    on design; identify, evaluate and learn new technologies rapidly and build
    applications using those technologies; collaborate with other team members

    Requirements:

    BS-Computer Science or Equivalent Experience in related field is required.
    3+ years of demonstrated design and development experience with emphasis
    on Graphical User Interface; fluency in Java, C/C++, MS Dev Studio; Strong
    Object Oriented Design and Programming skills; demonstrated development
    experience in cross platform development among variety of Unix platforms
    and Microsoft Windows operating systems; experience in kernel level
    programming and debugging is a plus.