Re: What is a reasonable cut that a contracting company should take?

From: mlhat_private
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 13:39:06 PST

    On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 03:54:53PM -0500, Brian Cahill wrote:

    > I am submitting myself on a security project via a contracting company.
    >
    > They will take a piece of the hourly rate.  With that, what is a reasonable
    > cut that I should expect the contracting company to take?

    Reasonable or typical?  Because they're not the same thing :-)

    Typically, I think the answer is somewhere between 15% and 80%

    15% if you got the job yourself and they're just doing the paperwork.

    Up to 80% if they're some <hugecompany> who are able to keep
    the total charge secret from you and able to spend it entertaining
    the senior execs at the golf course.

    Matt