Hijack IP Address using cable modem

From: inigma_x (inigma_xat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 08:53:37 PDT

    I have a few questions about accessing the cable modem. I'm having trouble making any kind of connection with my Toshiba (PCX 1100) DOCSIS cable modem. After the modem grabs the CMTS file and configures itself it goes into bridging mode. When its in this bridging mode it doesn't directly accept connects from either side, so I'm wondering how the CMTS sends SNMP data to the modem and visa versa.

Also:

how do you manage to get the config file?

RFC 2669 has some interesting stuff about the DOCSIS system, though its somewhat outdated.
--
Justin