Re: Word 2000 DDE error on Win2K

From: John Schultz (jschultzat_private)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 23:15:02 PDT

    On Tue, 29 May 2001, Oliver Reeves wrote:
    > I can consistently crash Word 2000 using the following method:
    >
    > 1) Open up any text/document editor such as notepad or wordpad
    > 2) type a single word (must be a known word, no punctuation).
    > 3) highlight the whole word and CTRL+C
    > 4) launch word 2000
    > 5) CTRL+V
    > 6) press HOME to take you to the start of the line
    > 7) type I
    > 8) hit the space bar

    On Win98 SE with Word 9.0.4402 SR-1, I was not able to reproduce your
    crash.  I've installed pretty much all of the Office security patches that
    have been released by Microsoft, but I couldn't find more detailed
    information on just what patches have been applied in Help | About.

    John Schultz
    jschultzat_private