Re: script locations

From: Blue Boar (BlueBoarat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 14:15:50 PDT

    .pike

    Should we include .htm, and .html as well, since those can be
    mapped to be dynamic on most web servers?  (i.e. you can
    enable SSI on .html on Apache.)

    I presume you're working on a web server scanner of
    some sort.  It has occurred to me that it would be nice
    to have a tool that would spider a site, and record all
    URLs that are referred to via PUT or POST, or GET with
    variable passing.

    I realize that a dumb spider wouldn't get all the default
    examples files that aren't normally referenced, but are sitting
    there half the time.  Nor would it get nested forms that require
    the first form to have some intelligent input to proceed, but
    it could be written to be somewhat interactive so that a person
    could help it get past forms when needed.

    Just a thought.  I've often wanted a tool that I could
    point at a site, let run for a few hours, and come
    back with a probably list of server side scripts to poke at.
    Be nice if it produced lists of variables, too, while I'm
    asking...

    				BB