Re: Tool released to scan for possible CodeRed infected servers

From: H D Moore (hdmat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 10:42:13 PDT

    Here is a quick little perl script, it only checks one host at a time.

    http://www.digitaloffense.net/ida_overflow.pl

    If you want to check a network range, try the following:
    # nmap -sS -p 80 -n -PS80 -oM - <ip range> | grep 80/open | awk '{print $2}' | xargs -i perl ida_overflow.pl -h {}

    If you want to check a range of SSL servers:
    # nmap -sS -p 443 -n -PS443 -oM - <ip range> | grep 443/open | awk '{print $2}' | xargs -i perl ida_overflow.pl -h {} -s -p 443

    -HD

    P.S. This script uses libwhisker