Re: telnetd exploit code

From: Sebastian (scutat_private-berlin.de)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 08:37:56 PDT

    Hi.

    I do not know who let this posting through, but I think something went
    seriously wrong here.

    Why do you hate system crackers ?
    Because they do no respect property and privacy ?

    What do the mailing list administrators do here, letting a confidential
    source code with full copyright and confidentiality header intact through a
    public mailing list. The Bugtraq mailing list was especially noted as
    example even in the header, which should not be allowed to disclose this.

    Oh, and another odd thing, there is no X-Approved-By: this time in the
    post, I wonder why. Do you know ?

    Although a lot of Bugtraq readers might not agree with me here, I think
    there is a right under which I can deny the disclosure of this source code.
    Call it privacy, call it copyright, I do not care about its name.

    I understand the moderators of this mailing lists can't sift through
    thousands of lines of code backchecking and tracking down its origin and
    whether it is allowed to be posted by their authors. But this is different.
    Every layman can see quickly that there is a working copyright header, which
    explicitly states it should not be disclosed.

    > ++C

    I reserve legal steps against this violation of my rights.

    ciao,
    -scut

    --
    -. scutat_private-berlin.de -. + http://segfault.net/~scut/ `--------------------.
    -' segfault.net/~scut/pgp `' 5453 AC95 1E02 FDA7 50D2 A42D 427E 6DEF 745A 8E07