RE: bug w2k

From: Mark Saum (msaumat_private)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 14:37:44 PDT

    I've verified this to work on Win2K Pro SP2.  It took 3 F7s and my system
    hard-booted as if I had hit the reset button.

    On a Win2K Server SP2 on a terminal session (administrator mode) it doesn't
    crash the box.  However:
     - You can create a "cmd.exe" session that is unkillable
     - You can't log off that session
     - You can't kill that session or "cmd.exe" process from the console
    (taskmgr.exe)
     - You can't log the user off from Terminal Services Manager
     - You can't create another instance of "cmd.exe" in that terminal session
     - A reboot is required to kill the session.

    Regards,

    Mark Saum

    Fidelis Consulting Corporation
    Dallas, TX