pcAnywhere 9.2 update.

From: John Thornton (jthorntonat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 10:48:29 PDT

    Hi John
    Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention and for your support
    of
    our product. This Denial of Service problem was addressed in a later
    version of the product than the one you are using.  Hopefully this
    information will help:

    1. If your build is 239 (pcA 9.2.0) or lower you will be susceptible to
    this type of attack.  You should run LiveUpdate from the Help Menu in
    pcAnywhere to resolve this.

    2. If your build is 258 (pcA 9.2.1) you may still be susceptible
    since the
    Denial of Service patch did not change the build number.  You should
    still
    run LiveUpdate from the Help Menu to insure you are protected from this
    type of attack.

    3. LiveUpdate technology automatically retrieves and applies any patches
    for you when you have an internet connection.  For those companies
    who do
    not allow an  internet connection, a patch can be downloaded by an
    administrator and distributed to the employees.    This particular
    Denial
    of Service patch is located at
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/pca/pca9-9598nt.html

    4. If you have any questions or concerns about this issue or any other
    issue, feel free to contact me directly

    Regards,
    John

    John Thornton  -  jthorntonat_private
    Editor in Chief
    Hackers Digest -  www.hackersdigest.com

    H   A   C   K   E   R   '   S      D   I   G   E   S   T
    #1 for propeller heads
    www.hackersdigest.com