Re: CR II - winME? confirmation? (Slightly OT)

From: Grab Raham (grabrahamat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 17:34:18 PDT

    I think the something obvious may be for a Web based worm to spread it needs
    a web server to attack. The machine may indeed be vulnerable to other
    shinanagins via idq.dll but without the webserver  and the webserver's
    inclusion of the idq.dll a machine is not vulnerable to the WORM wich is
    what the advisories are speaking about.

    Shawn

    Hi All,
    Wouldn’t that make ANY system with the indexing service on it just as
    vulnerable as systems with IIS? Am I overlooking something obvious here?

    Regards,
    Amer Karim
    Nautilis Information Systems
    e-mail: amerkat_private, mamerkat_private