Re: CR II - winME? confirmation? (Slightly OT)

From: Jason Haar (Jason.Haarat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 19:48:29 PDT

    On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:55:50PM -0700, Amer Karim wrote:
    > strangely.  Found out he was running W2K Pro w/ IIS installed (had a site
    > running w/ pics of his family), and when I asked him if he’d patched it for
    > the original CR he just gave a blank look – followed by “I though that was
    > only for servers.” …I just about put my head through the wall.  All my F/W’s

    :-)

    Last week on our national radio station here in New Zealand, a rep from
    Sophos said that all companies should be ensuring they have installed the
    patch before the next wave of CodeRed went out. He then went on to
    *explicitly* state that home users didn't have to worry about it as it only
    affected commercial sites! :-/

    --
    Cheers

    Jason Haar

    Unix/Special Projects, Trimble NZ
    Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417