RE: CR II - winME? confirmation? (Slightly OT)

From: Mike Duncan (securityat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 12:15:23 PDT

    > I would like to offer a quote from MS01-033:
    >
    > "the service would not need to be running in order for an attacker to
    > exploit the vulnerability."
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/
    > bulletin/MS01-033.asp
    >
    > Carey

    Yeah ... and you forgot to metion the (almost) first line on that same
    page...

    "Who should read this bulletin: System administrators of web servers using
    Microsoft® Windows NT® 4.0 or Windows® 2000."

    Mike Duncan
    securityat_private
    http://www.randomtask.net

    "This is what happens when parents make
    their kids play with dried up Play-Doh."
                                  - Tim Mullen