Re: Winnt/Win2k Vuln ?

From: Kevin Gagel (Gagelat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 13:41:17 PDT

    David Schwartz wrote:

    ---cut---

    >         If you care about security, enter fully-qualified URLs, don't use
    > abbreviations. Any scheme to accept abbreviations will sometimes fail to get

    Unfortunatly in an educational environment we have little control over
    users.
    They just love to click and double click on anything. Entering a
    fully-qualified
    URL would be like work for most of them. So for us this is a problem.

    ---cut---

    >         I only wish you could disable them. Both IE and Netscape have done things I
    > didn't expect more than once.

    Disabling them would be nice, but what could we do about the browsers?
    ;-)

    --
    Kevin W. Gagel