RE: Assembler Help

From: Marko Ernvall (markoat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 10:06:28 PDT

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Ryan Kinder wrote:

    > I was wondering if anyone could help me locate decent and comprehensive
    > resources on assembler language.

    Here's a few from my bookmarks:

    CPU manuals and assembly programming guides:
    http://sandpile.org
    http://www.x86.org
    http://developer.intel.com
    http://www.amd.com/support/techdocdir.html AMD
    http://www.cyrix.com/products/cyrindex.htm Cyrix
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~feldmann/86bugs.htm x86 bugs
    http://www.agner.org/assem/ optimization
    http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/64bit/ AMD x86-64 technology
    http://www.x86-64.org x86-64 Linux

    IA-64:
    http://developer.intel.com/design/ia-64/manuals/ Intel IA-64 manuals
    http://www.linuxia64.org IA-64 Linux

    Alpha:
    http://www.digital.com/semiconductor/alpha/papers/ Digital Alpha papers
    http://ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/info/semiconductor/literature/dsc-library
    .html Digital Documentation Library
    http://www.unix.digital.com/faqs/publications/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V40D_PD
    F/ more manuals

    SPARC:
    http://www.sparc.com/standards.html SPARC International Standard Documents
    Repository
    http://www.csn.net/~bediger/sparc.tech.links.html Technical SPARC CPU
    Resources

    MIPS:
    http://www.mips.com/publications/ MIPS Online Publications Library

    Power PC:
    http://www.lightsoft.co.uk/Fantasm/Beginners/begin1.html
    Beginners Guide to PowerPC Assembly Language

    TUTORIALS
    http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/Page_asm/ArtOfAsm.html Art of Assembly by Randall
    Hyde

    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/ralf/pub/WWW/files.html Ralf
    Brown's interrupt list
    The interrupt list is a comprehensive listing of interrupt calls, I/O ports,
    memory locations, far-call interfaces, and more for IBM PCs and compatible
    machines, both documented and undocumented. Nearly eight megabytes of
    information in ASCII text files.

    http://www.geocities.com/pacman0x80/pcasm/ 32-bit Protected Mode PC Assembly
    Language Book
    Windows & Linux by Paul Carter. You can download the book in .ps or .pdf
    format.

    MORE RESOURCES
    http://linuxassembly.org/ Linuxassembly.org
    If you are looking for information on assembly programming under Linux/UNIX
    operating systems (including *BSD and BeOS), this is the right place to be.
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone5/index.htm Programmers Heaven -
    Assembly Zone

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/assembly-language/ Assembly FAQ
    Answers to frequently asked questions on the comp.lang.asm and alt.lang.asm
    newsgroups.

    http://asmjournal.freeservers.com/ Assembly Programming Journal
    Assembly Programming Journal is an online magazine covering assembly
    language programming techniques. The magazine will come out in ASCII format
    (natch) every three months, and will contain code and articles for beginner,
    intermediate, and advanced asm progammers.

    http://www.easystreet.com/~jkirwan/pctools.html Where to get PC assembly
    tools
    Discussion and links on how to obtain needed tools for assembly programming,
    by Jonathan Dale Kirwan.

    http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~millerp/srecord.html SRecord Library
    The SRecord package is an Open Source collection of tools for manipulating
    EPROM load files. It is provided in source code format, built with GNU C++.
    Formats converted include Motorola S-record, Intel Hex, binary, C Array, MOS
    Technology and Texas Instruments Tagged.

    I believe these should keep you busy for a while...
    ;-)

    br,
    Marko Ernvall