Re: IE bookmark 'clever' feature not so clever after all

From: Kevin Gagel (Gagelat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 15:05:13 PDT

    Personally I like the idea that I can name my bookmarks whatever I want.
    This allows me to save web sites that are poorly named with something I
    prefer.

    Exploiting this would be a "social engineering" exploit, not a bug.
    I guess the more integrated we get the harder it will be to prevent this
    kind of social exploit.

    Nothing short of a labotamy for exploiters can really help with a social
    exploit. Especially since
    most users tend to not bother understanding.

    Therefor I recomend a real fix for the problem - Turn off the
    computer...

    --
    Kevin W. Gagel