Re: MiM Simultaneous close attack

From: Paul (paulbugtraqat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 20:23:23 PDT

    Hi,
    Considering the following senario:

                     internet

                     +--+-----+
                     | gateway|
                     +--+-----+
                        |MAC1(gg:gg)ip,gg.gg
                        |
                        |port3
              port1 +---+---+  port2
           +--------+switch +---------------------+
           |        +-------+                     |
       +---+-----+                            +---+---+
       |  Hub1   +--host c ip cc,cc           |  HUB2 |
       +-+-----+-+  mac cc:cc                 +---+---+
       Host A(MAC2 aa:aa)              Host B(mac bb:bb)ip,bb.bb
      ip:aa.aa
    This is the topology of my Campus Network.I am on Host A.I wanna get the packets between all hosts on hub2 and

    the gateway.I sent icmp echo reply(src ip gg.gg;dst ip cc,cc;src mac is gg.gg;des mac is cc,cc).But I¡¡£ã£á£î

    not get any packet outside hub1.I think the reason is :

    1.In my Campus Network,the gateway is the default gateway of nearly 200 hosts. 2.If the fake icmp reply updates

    port1's port->mac mapping,but because gateway is very busy,Port3's port->mac mapping updates very very frequently.

    So the packets(dst mac is gg:gg) will goto port3 correctly.(If the same mac presents in two ports,the packets

    heading for the mac will be switched to the port which the mac presents latest.)

    By the way,if Anybody has succeed in switching proof above,Please send the detail information.

    Regards.
    Paul