iptables v1.2.2 local DoS

From: red0x (red0xat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 14:52:12 PDT

    Some time ago, I posted a few messages that got rejected by the moderator.

    This, hopefully wont.

    I was having problems involvine my kernel (2.4.5) dying when i would try to
    ssh from my webserver to my local work station (using scp).

    Here is what i have discovered so far:

    iptables -A INPUT -j LOG -p tcp -i eth0 --syn --dport 22 -m limit --limit 2/s
    causes a lock up when i try and SSH

    Is this a bug or just my missuse of the limit match?

    --
    --red0x