Re: Web session tracking security prob. Vulnerable: IIS and ColdFusion (maybe others)

From: Jeff Jancula (Jeffat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 13:52:07 PDT

    John,

    I think you miss the point... IIS does issue a session ID, however you do not have to use it! You can make your own ID up! So, forget about "guessing" someone's session ID, just feed a victim with malicious cross-site scripting or a more permanent cookie (ASPSESSION), and you will KNOW the session ID you gave them.

    Hijacking becomes easy then.

    Jeff