Dead threads

From: Blue Boar (BlueBoarat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 10:35:58 PDT

    As promised, I'm killing the threads on CodeGreen and telnetd
    that degenerated into some sort of anti-wormworm, full disclosure
    something debate.  I will be allowing no further posts on the subject
    unless they are patches to the CodeGreen code, or a telned exploit
    (Note that the x.c worm post contained a location for the TESO exploit.)
    I don't want any commentary with the code, either.

    I cut off all posts sent after Midnight my time, which was the
    deadline I gave.  Except for the AV gateway, that is...
    that's just to show that some AV vendors are spotting
    it already.

    I assume that everyone will find that they haven't changed anyone else's
    mind in any significant ways, that lots of name calling was done, that
    lots of bad analogies were used, and that design improvements were
    suggested for anti-worms.  We should have just had the discussion
    about the design improvements.

    I'm also a little surprised that there are a handful of people here
    who don't yet realize that asking for exploit code on-list is
    perfectly appropriate if the moderator approves the post.

    I now return you to your normal moderation style.

    					BB