Re: Achiever CSS-50 Personal Paper Shedder Buffer Overflow (!)

From: Steve (steveat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 12:14:01 PDT

    Vulnerability confirmed on both the CSS-50 and CSS-60 models.  Also, it has
    been noted that by using malformed paper sizes a malicious attacker could
    effectively DoS the device or cause random failures.  I estimate that over
    75% of paper shredders in the world are effected by this.  Someone should
    inform CERT and NIPC.

    :-)