ie6 input overflow

From: Philip Wagenaar (PB.Wagenaarat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 17:57:54 PST

    Hello everyone!

    I made a simple html file with an input with field and defined

    value="1,000,000 x's here"
    size="1000000"
    maxlength="1000000"

    and loaded it up in ie6.... my CPU utilization went straight up to 100%
    and after a few minuted the status bar had Not Responding in it and I
    had to close the IE window down with the task manager..

    I tested this on a PII 300mhz with 178 mb ram under WindowsXP
    Professional with IE6 with the latest hotfixes...

    Can anyone else reproduce this or is it just that my system is out dated
    ;-)

    Philip Wagenaar