Re: Information Leak Bug Discovered in Netscape Mail!

From: Markus Kern (markus-kernat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 07:23:17 PST

    > We at GOBBLES Research have discovered an insecure condition in Netscape
    > mail which could assist an attacker in gaining important information
    > regarding the accounts of those who use the client.

    "Netscape 'document.referrer' User Information Disclosure Vulnerability"

    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/2824

    "Originally discovered and posted to Bugtraq by Rop Gonggrijp <ropat_private>
    on March 28, 1998. Rediscovered by 3APA3A <3APA3Aat_private> on
    May 30, 2001 and posted to Bugtraq on June 5, 2001."

    Also advisories with a little less noise would be really cool...

    --
    Markus Kern