Re: ARP hole in Windows NT/2000

From: Gigi Sullivan (sullivanat_private)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 01:58:14 PST

    Aiee :)

       Hello!

    On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 08:38:04AM +0100, Tomas Nybrand IT wrote:
    > Well ARP poisoning canīt be considered as something new, and I would
    > prefer to call it a vulnerability in the ARP protocol rather than a
    > windows vulnerability.

       When you set up a static ARP entry, it shouldn't be possible to
       overwrite that by getting a new (maybe fake) ARP reply packet.

       So, IMHO, this is a WindowsNT/2000 vulnerability about ARP protocol
       implementation.

       I don't know how to fix that, maybe there're out some new SPs.

    >  Tomas Nybrand - UNIX Administrator
    >     --   Bene qui latuit, bene vixit.   --

    bye bye

                            -- gg sullivan

    --
    Lorenzo Cavallaro	`Gigi Sullivan' <sullivanat_private>

    Until I loved, life had no beauty;
    I did not know I lived until I had loved. (Theodor Korner)