Re: ARP hole in Windows NT/2000

From: ALoR (Alorat_private)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 14:19:13 PST

    At 07.39 24-11-2001, Keith Simonsen wrote:

    >Awhile back, a friend and I tested many platforms against this bug, using
    >both spoofed arp replies and spoofed gratuitious arp requests. Unfortunately
    >I can't find our results, but I do remember that all versions of Windows
    >we tested were vulnerable to changing static arp entries w/ spoofed arp
    >replies.

    this is due to the fact that under Window 2000 (XP not tested) the static
    option mean only that the arp entry is permanent (it doesn't timeout) and
    not (as It should be) that is unmodificable...

    so Windows system are always poisonable... ;)

    bye

      ettercap project : http://ettercap.sourceforge.net
      e-mail: alor (at) users (dot) sourceforge (dot) net