Re: Weird shellcode issues.

From: KF (dotslashat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 09:08:29 PST

    Can you provide an strace or truss of the exploited binary... I am
    almost sure that you
    will find that one of the arguments to your execve() call are incorrect.
    In the following line:
    int  execve  (const  char  *filename, char *const argv [], char *const
    envp[])
    you probably have an incorrect "char *const argv []". The strace will
    help determine that.
    example: strace -ivf ./vulnbinary <Some nops here><some shellcode
    here><return addys>
    -KF