grc.com

From: Anonymous (anonymousat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 16:39:45 PST

    Hmmm... Gibson says:

    "The "exploit" has been known for two years, no one cares since the current ShieldsUP scan is much less "potent" than anything you could do with NMAP. Also, there's no way to get it to test for other ports, nor to do anything other than a simple "SYN scan"."

    Simple SYN scan?  But I thought it was NANOPROBE TECHNOLOGY!!

    And all this time I was led to believe that NANOPROBES were "bit-level Hand-crafted intention driven packets with a low temporal density that traverse the Internet in half the time that it takes a normal packet!"

    Nice to finally find out what they really are.