Re: Are NULL pointer deref a security problem ?

From: zeno (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 08:43:09 PST

    Hey,

    I was the first person to report the error but didn't understand
    the entire reason as to why it was happening until I saw this in the upgrade file
    . I think it was either
    code red or nimda when it hit my machine with this configuration
    would cause childs to segfault. It never caused the main pid to die
    so if a issue exists its not root but instead user www or nobody.

    - zeno