Re: WarFtpd 1.65 Buffer Overflow

From: dullienat_private
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 04:14:11 PST

    Hey,

    CD> like 009ad231 and I know I can't send NULL's. So I need to find an
    CD> address to get there and I am having a hell of a time finding one...
    CD> So if anyone on the list has some spare time and feels like helping
    CD> me please let me know.

    You can easily send that null byte. Remember, strings are terminated
    with a NULL, and the addresses on the stack are stored in
    little-endian notation: 0x31 0xD2 0x9A 0x00 at the end should do it.
    Beware though, under NT it is usually not a wise idea to point stuff
    directly at a buffer you've found -- that address is subject to quite
    a bit of change due to multithreading issues etc.

    Cheers,
    dullienat_private