Re: character injecting on linux console

From: Michal Zalewski (lcamtufat_private)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 08:40:45 PST

    On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Nelson Brito wrote:

    > I didn't remember this issue on BUGTRAQ, but I can't point it out that
    > this is OLD-NEWS in the wild.

    Try e.g. this one:

    http://security-archive.merton.ox.ac.uk/bugtraq-199804/0177.html

    > If you want read the ADM Crew's original issue, take a look at:
    > http://packetstorm.decepticons.org/groups/ADM/sploits/ADMesc

    Well, they missed some other possibilities... Also, I believe it makes any
    sense to exploit such vulnerabilities by hostile servers via network
    clients (telnet, ssh, nc, ftp, lynx, anything that might dump server-side

    Michal Zalewski [lcamtufat_private] [security]
    [http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx] <=-=> bash$ :(){ :|:&};:
    =-=> Did you know that clones never use mirrors? <=-=
              http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/photo/