RE: sometimes IIS 4.0 don't write logs.

From: Pablo Aravena (p.aravenaat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 05:48:45 PST

    The problem looks like this:

    	CMD /K [command]  Execute a command and "still active"
    	CMD /C [command]  Execute a command and then finished.

    	If you execute a cmd.exe?/k request this would be in active state
    	until his finished this process instead of the cmd.exe?/c request
    	that finishes the process inmediatly.  Because of this the IIS
    that´s
    	not log the process that has not come to an end.

    Atentamente,
    Pablo Aravena Martínez
    Consultor de Seguridad
    BYSECURE CSE S.A.
    PGP FingerPrint: 4109 41C1 A295 75D8 F159  D542 96C5 5E6D 2B08 F28A
    http://www.bysecure.com