Re: yet another fake exploit making rounds

From: Michal Zalewski (lcamtufat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 14:17:02 PST

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, xbud wrote:

    > umm and perhaps el8.8m.com should do some analytical research before
    > posting '0-day' code.

    Judging from some of other texts in this zine (e.g. quoted private
    correspondence of other people, or some very GOBBLES-alike flames), I
    would _guess_ that it is very likely that one of authors actually wrote
    this code, or at least that they were aware of what they publish.
    Obviously, I might be completely wrong.

    Michal Zalewski [lcamtufat_private] [security]
    [http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx] <=-=> bash$ :(){ :|:&};:
    =-=> Did you know that clones never use mirrors? <=-=
              http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/photo/