RE: Grokster and possible trojan

From: scottat_private
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 17:29:58 PST

    I'm not even positive that it's only one trojan that i
    found on my system, perhaps it's two separate viruses,
    and i am thinking it's a single one.

    In reference to "dldr.exe", i'm not positive where
    this came from, but i'm 90% certain that "explorer.exe"
    was installed by Grokster (as the Click Till U Win game).
    The reason i think that they're both part of the same
    trojan is becuase i find "clicktilluwin" in a hexdump
    of *both* files - which is too much of a coicidence
    for me.

    Even if you un-install it, i'm pretty sure it'll hang
    around... after i deleted "dldr.exe" and rebooted my
    machine, i found it right back in "C:\winnt\"...
    as for "explorer.exe" in "C:\winnt\explorer\"
    it still hasn't resurfaced after one reboot,
    but perhaps it'll come back tomorrow, when i log
    into the machine at work again...