Re: malformed sql queries

From: Blue Boar (BlueBoarat_private)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 20:18:42 PST

    Peter Gutmann wrote:

    > I was more concerned about people doing things like using %39 to escape
    > filtering for ' characters, a la Microsoft's continuing ".." problems.

    That's something I was curious about as well.  I know parts of
    Microsoft's version of the TDS protocol are done in Unicode.  If you
    pass the appropriate escape character in Unicode, the script
    that's trying to strip out dangerous stuff wouldn't catch it.

    The only problem I can see is how do you keep IIS from decoding the
    Unicode first (talking about web form access, obviously.)

    					BB