How to Change section attribute in ELF file

From: Minchu Mo (morris_minchuat_private)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 21:53:32 PST

    My program try to modified one of its sections (.plt)
    loaded into the memory.  But it  got a SIGSEGV
    signal.

    The .plt section marked READONLY CODE when I
    used objdump -h myprogram, I am wondering
    whether this readonly attribute can be changed or
    not? I have tried editing it in several places in the file
    but haven't success yet. Anybody done this before?